28 September, 2007

Weekend Update With Yours Truly

I think I have found my hero--not an easy task for anyone that remembers the lessons of 9/11.

Stop me if you've heard this one. A 36-year old man walks into an emergency room in Scotland complaining of wavy vision and a headache lasting 4 weeks. After a little prodding her reveals that he drank about 60 pints of beer over a four day binge.

Of course a six-month-long hangover might kinda suck.


In other news, SI Live, Staten Island's finest newspaper, has chosen it's Barkeep of the Week, Angela "Big Ange" Raiola, of the Drunken Monkey Bar and Grill, and boy is she a looker!

(Click on the picture in the article to see the rest of this lovely, lovely lady.)

"If you're sitting in an empty room, she'll have you hysterical laughing," says [her son's girlfriend Anna] Benkovski.


If by "laughing" you mean "cowering in fear, and trying to find an exit," I'm right there with you Anna.




And, good news. The Buffalo Bills' Kevin Everitt is feeling much better. Look at him go.

3 comments:

Dan Nolan said...

good post. I felt shame (at having approached that 60 pint mark in my 4 day forays in New Orleans), nausea, and hilarity in that order. You broke me down and then built me back up. kudos. and kudos again.

The Practical Slacker said...

I'm just wondering how you got to Scotland.

Anonymous said...

The news video is great!